Brussel sprouts (often called mini cabbages) is a vegetable that I love. It is closely related to other veggies such as kale, cauliflower and mustard greens. It is typically in season during the month of March and are great for you!
- Antioxidants: compounds that reduce stress
- Fiber: good for bowel and digestive health; and reduce your risk of heart disease
- Vitamin K: helps to maintain strong bones and reduces risk of osteoporosis
- Vitamin C: to boost your immune system
One great way to prepare brussel sprouts, is by roasting them in the oven.
Oven-Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe:
- 1-1.5 pounds of brussel sprouts, halved
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F
- Slice the brussel sprouts in half and place in a large bowl
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and place in bowl with brussel sprouts
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in bowl with brussel sprouts and garlic
- Toss all ingredients together and pour onto a baking sheet
- Lightly season with salt and pepper
- Roast in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly charred
- Serve warm and enjoy!